[LUG] Using linux as a desktop OS

A thought has occurred to me, how many people on here have experience of
using Linux as a desktop system, like a normal user would use Windows
etc.

I say this because i never use things like the graphical file managers
etc and have no idea how hard they are to use for a new linux *user*.  I
have the dubious habit of doing everything I can on a command line, my X
sessions tend to be lots of terminal windows and a browser.  And I run
Window Maker on my main pc and blackbox on my laptop, nuff said really.

So, any comments on a users perspective I'd be very interested in.

And if thats doesn't make sense I'll blame it on the fact I'm about to
go out and strut my funky stuff for the evening, for the express purpose
of disturbing Nick :)

Alex.