Java Native Interfaces ... Re: [LUG] mod_age and academic list hit by virus in race period

Simon Waters wrote:

Hmm, not something I have had to do with it, since mostly the
goal has been to make portable applications 100% in Java.

It occured to me after I wrote that, that I had experience of
the bridge that allows you to embed Java in OLE (or whatever it
is called now ;).

Basically you could wrap Java beans into OLE containers, and
read references from M$ software very easily. This was cool as
we could reference Java beans in a Word document VBA script,
whilst writing all the important stuff in Java, should we ever
have to port it to a different Word processor/platform.

I would think that such automated approaches have probably been
extended since then.