Re: [LUG] mod_age and academic list hit by virus in race period

Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

but running java from C, or C from java seems nigh impossible - maybe i'm
missing something obvious, but, errrrrr, dammn the language ;)

Hmm, not something I have had to do with it, since mostly the
goal has been to make portable applications 100% in Java.

But a quick glance at JNI does look horrid. Just when you said
you were writing a web server couldn't help thinking I have the
source code to one in a recent Java book, they knock up a
webserver and webbrowser, just to demonstrate the relevant
classes. They were surprisingly small, and functional as
examples.

Having finally standardised nonblocking I/O calls in the Java
world it should be possible to try big (portable) servers
without huge pools of threads lurking....

 Simon, whose been playing with dnscache

woo woo! he's seen the light! amen! :p

*duck*

Do I have to rebuild it to handle more than 200 outstanding
recursive clients, I would read the web page, but Dan's DNS
appears to be down ;)

cy.yp.to looks fine to me? mayBe your current dns resolver is playing up?
*ducks again* ;)

See now I was trying to get to cr.yp.to not cy.yp.to ;)

Well it was pingable but not answering, and for long enough for
me to manually find the delegation and ping/dig it by hand, but
it worked a bit later. At least Dan's users don't have to follow
his example of minimalist redundancy in providing a service ;)

.... and yes you do have to recompile for more than 200
concurrent recursive clients <yuk>..... Dan doesn't have that
one on the ease of use page. Although strangely you can set the
cache size in an environment variable.