Re: [LUG] register Disney / hp and linux

Paul Hewson wrote:

Are you thinking of Shrek (not a Disney movie) but rendered on Linux farms?

I believe GNU/Linux was used in the compute farm rendering of
one of their recent movies as well.

No

For a story of Disney and Linux I found this.

http://newsforge.com/newsforge/02/06/19/1926203.shtml?tid=23

The HP Linux stuff is either Disneys own design stuff or a port
of Side Effects, seems Linux is taking the animation world by
storm both desktop and back room stuff.

Not Shrek, although I think a couple of Pixar films (that is now
Disney right?) were rendered on Linux (on SGI).

I couldn't find the original reference, but it seems most of the
big animation houses now have Linux firmly entrenched, or their
suppliers do.