Re: [LUG] Ssearching previous terminal ouput

John Horne wrote:

  Nope, that's not the question :-) It could be any program, I just happened
  to be running configure at the time.

Damn as configure is really good at logging ;)

  I want to search what is displayed on
  the screen. I *could* redirect it to a file, but it would be far easier to
  search the 'screen'. Saves faffing around with files and then deleting
  them, etc. The question is probably very generic - 'using X11 how can I
  search an xterm's output' may have been better. The fact I am using
  redhat/KDE and was running configure is not important.

"screen" has a "copy" mode (control-a then Escape) that allows
the buffer to be searched (? or /) cut and pasted. You probably
need to set a decent default buffer size, and change your
terminal emulators to run screen automagically  (etc etc).

bash doesn't, gpm doesn't, xterm doesn't AFAIK....