Re: [LUG] Hi Peeps...

Adrian Midgley wrote:

Two thoughts occur to me:-

1.  Can I generate an email in kmail programmatically, IE using some other
source of addresses?

Why? Using Kmail would be the last way I'd ever think of
generating email programmatically. I used PERL to do this last
time!

I know this could theoretically head toward an Outlook
virus monster but I doubt I'd make anything so effective as that.

Nah - we could all email around PERL scripts that would send
emails to extensive lists of Linux related addresses, uuencode
even lets us suggest permissions, the trick is to run it without
the reader intending to.

I'm more worried about ftp based worms on Linux, I still see two
attempts most days to ftp to my linux box, and it hasn't fallen
off, so I'm assuming there are a lot of old infected boxes out
there spreading some nasty contagious code.