Re: [LUG] Hi Peeps...

On Monday 03 June 2002 06:35, you wrote:
On Tuesday 04 June 2002  4:15 am, you wrote:
and the new versions of KMail
now have an "autocomplete" function that guesses the address you are
typing, which I suppose goes some way towards a solution.

Two thoughts occur to me:-

1.  Can I generate an email in kmail programmatically, IE using some other
source of addresses?  I know this could theoretically head toward an
Outlook virus monster but I doubt I'd make anything so effective as that.

I'm not sure, I'd recommend referring to http://kmail.kde.org/

2.  How easy is it to update kmail in isolation form the whole of KDE?
I like kmail but some newer features would be nice as well.

It's difficult, normally you would upgrade KDE and the latest version of
KMail comes with it.  It works fine for me, as I tend to upgrade my entire
system in one go every time a new version of Mandrake comes out on CD, as I
only have a 56K 'Net connection :-(

Jon

--
Message written at exactly 12:40:35 BST on 3rd June 2002