From: "Pete Hatton" <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 8:21 PM
Subject: RE: [LUG] X-windows problems (rant)

P.s A p200 running X with say Blackbox or fwm2 should be quite
responsive and useable

Hmm my P233-MMX with 96megs, running Gnome (Redhat 7.3) over VNC is not
too
bad.  However the old laptop I got hold of (P120 24megs) really struggled
with Gnone (Redhat 6.2)  Swtich it wit blackbox on it, and it's now quite
responsive.

I've noticed KDE2 seems to be a slow window manager.  Is KDE3 any better,
or
is it heading to the realms of a bloated window manager.

Pete Hatton