Re: [LUG] X-windows problems (rant)

Pete Hatton wrote:

Hmm my P233-MMX with 96megs, running Gnome (Redhat 7.3) over VNC is not too bad. However the old laptop I got hold of (P120 24megs) really struggled with Gnone (Redhat 6.2) Swtich it wit blackbox on it, and it's now quite responsive.

I've noticed KDE2 seems to be a slow window manager.  Is KDE3 any better, or
is it heading to the realms of a bloated window manager.

Simple solution to kde being a bit slugish ... popped into the computer shoppe and bought a QDI kt333 mobo,512megs DDR2700 and a Athlon XP 1800+ hehe
It now runs quite sweetly

I have 1 stick left of pc133 256meg SDRAM if anyone makes an offer say 25 to 30 beer tokens ;)

Oh and while im at it got a Tectronix A3 industrial inkjet going cheap if anyones interested say aye!

Pete Hatton