Re: Squid Question was RE: [LUG] Bind Question

Sorry it's a bit early... replace 'bind' with 'squid'
(dont know my name server from my web cache)

Hi there,

I've just installed bind, and I dont think my web page
requests are going through bind,

a) is there a way to track where a page request goes to?

Yes, it should be listed in the squid access log (/var/log/squid/access.log?)

b) do I have to tell my system to use bind instead of my
internet connection,
   and if so how

It depends how you have everything set up but you will probably have to change
some configuration.
The simple way is to configure your browser(s) to use the proxy - if you don't they
will attempt to make a direct connection to the web server.

Hope this helps

Pete.