RE: Squid Question was RE: [LUG] Bind Question

Sorry it's a bit early... replace 'bind' with 'squid'
(dont know my name server from my web cache)

Quite an impressive mix up there :)

Firstly, I would check that squid is running.

# nmap localhost -p 1-65500
# nc localhost -p 3130

Talk breifly to it, just to see if Squid is playing friendly.

If squid is working, personally I would put in a ip[tables|chains] rule
to redirect all port 80 traffic though squid.  I'm quite sure there is
an example of transparent proxying in the manual.  The other aproch is
to setup your web browser to use your local proxy, but without knowing
what you use, I can't advise. RTFM for your browser.

If you want to know if your current setup is using squid, look at the
squid logs, it should be pretty obvious.

Hope this helps,

Ian Christian              E-Mail: pookey at pookey dot co dot uk
Tech Officer for Termisoc                  PGP Key ID: 0xD09C10ED