Re: [LUG] Plug'n Play???

At the risk of the this thread straying off subject I use Eurobell under Linux
because at 1p a minute at anytime night or day it beats any other service
provider bar the ones that offer a fixed fee such as AOL, Broadband, surftime
or friaco.
BT's own openworld dialup modem service pay as you go is a penny a minute as
long as you have a bt line & is a lot worse in terms of connection reliability
& speed. Especially as the network is shared with all the users who dial up at
6pm for their offpeak usage plan.
Telewest already offer £10 a month unlimited access. Eurobell are deciding if
they are going to use the existing telewest service or their own but it IS
coming. How do I know ?
I work in the telecommunications sector.
I am a eurobell customer but work for BT. I know a lot of people at eurobell
and a lot of people at Orange where I also worked who also (sshh !!) have their
own access plans in the pipeline, & I don't mean WAP crap either.
Because of non disclosure contracts I can't give details because
jobs,especially at Orange aren't looking as cosy & secure as they did 6 months
ago but you would be surprised at what is in the pipline regarding internet
access for fixed fees,broadband & cable in the next 6 months let alone the next
year from all 3 companies. The systems being rolled out in my office at the
moment are incredible and I would swear they're not all windows based.
Even part of the Orange registration system is based on HP-UX and is the most
reliable part of the system. When that fails you can bet it's because of
something else falling over.
Oh the stories I could tell & the excuses you hear to cover it up.

Oh. The upgrades at night on Eurobell. Usually between 4am and 6 am. You might
be on then but the majority of users ?
Nah.

If the right hand side of the brain controls the left hand side of the body;
then only left handed people can be said to be in their right minds !