Re: [LUG] Plug'n Play???

On Friday 25 January 2002 11:39, you wrote:
Eurobell have heir own internet service but only at a "fixed rate" of 1p a
minute at any ti
me which isn't so bad. Exactly the same as AOL's old pricing

As other ISP's and networks were charging years ago? Yeah, sure, not to bad.
That would land me with a bill of arround £60 per month, almost twice the
cost of ADSL!

Eurobell are owned by telewst & are introducing a fixed price service with
unlimited access sometime in the early part of this year (according to
their lit.)

Yeah, sure. I'll believe it when I see it (as others have said)

All the other  fixed price plan internet services require a BT line as
surftime is leased.

I dont know many ISP's using surftime now, especially ones I'm interested in,
most 24/7's use FRIACO 2 or something.

Worth bearing in mind that Eurobells connection under linux or any other os
is rock solid. I've never had busy tone, droput, timout and they seem to do

I should hope not paying per minute! engaged tones with free calls is bad
enough, on an 0845 (or equivelent) is untollerable!

all their upgrades at night.

When I spend a lot of my time on, great.

Plus the connection speed is quite fast as well but that might be because
they have less users than BT or NTL.

They are getting  alot more money per user then BT or NTL, so I should hope
this is the case too.

Ray

If the right hand side of the brain controls the left hand side of the
body; then only left handed people can be said to be in their right minds !