[LUG] multimedia and gnome/gtk

hi people,

I was avoiding work on my box when I plugged the stereo into my Line In
socket of my sound card, and I got music coming through my speakers (much
worse than thru the stereo, but better than last time I tried to get sound
from the stereo thru the PC).

I was wondering how I could 'rip' or sample the sound for use later or to
encode to mp3.

anybody know a good sampler for doing this? preferably GTK or Gnome
becuase KDE is fugly ;)

laters,

A.

--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty";> Betty @ termisoc.org </A>
"As a youngster Fred fought sea battles on the village pond using a