Re: [LUG] WAP development on Linux

I'm not saying Nokia are bad for doing that - it's a classic example of
the failings of Java. Maybe things are better now, but forgive me if I
stick to C/C++.

Or maybe not, maybe it is a failing of Nokia after all. I'll let you know
just as soon as I get it running!!!

http://www.pyweb.com/tools/

Deck-It for Linux as well as Windows. It's a small download, it's a simple
.tar.gz file, with a simple ./install.sh installation and ./deckit script to
launch it.
Only a 1.5Mb download for a full WAP toolkit. Like the Nokia version, it can
show you the source code as you go and it displays messages. Unlike Nokia, it
runs FAST. Very impressed. The same site also has the means to help promote
your wap site.

The online WAP browser I couldn't seem to get to work in Galeon - it uses
Javascript1.2 and perhaps Galeon has a problem there?

--

Neil Williams