Re: Fwd: Re: [LUG] hi there!!!

Oddity on my desktop tonight - KDE suddenly showed me 1 pixel high fonts for
the labels under desktop icons.  I fiddled about until that went right, and
then I got 1 _inch_ high font in the task bar menu and in the strip along the
top of the screen - leaving me half an inch of screen to work in.

So I'm in WindowMaker this evening which ismaking a certain amount of sense,
but I wonder if anyone has a hint on how to fix K again?

I looked in my /home/akm/.kde  and searched for menu and so on, but to little
avail, shold I just blat the whole of that directory and let it rebuild
itself, or is there a magic place to tickle and have K reset default
appearance?

On Tuesday 13 November 2001 12:58, you wrote:

> For those with terminally short memories, or new here, Dr
> Midgley gave an excellent presentation on GP systems and open
> source at the Exeter Linux day in April.

Kind.  It was a great audience.  I hope to have as good a one tomorrow at the
Toward an electronic health record (Europe) meeting down in London.  TEHRE
Same sort of stuff, on standards that get adopted and why anyone who wants
things to go forward should adopt open <contd page 94>.

> There are various sites collecting such, including our own LUG
> site and Alan's linux.org.uk - perhaps we should do a
> metadirectory of UK Linux Support resources?

That is a very good idea actually, and within the sort of OSS tradition I
think.

--
From the Linux desktop of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.swis.net/midgley/