Fwd: Re: [LUG] hi there!!!

I've just joined the list.  Exeter.

In the Health service, and in health care orgs in other countries there are a
scattering, with a considerable increase going on.  Whether it will be
sufficient to give us a chance at reliable software for healthcare is yet to
be seen.

<weird interjection>  I was downloading a movie from NASA to Aktion in fact I
see I still am, and suddenly saw an initialisation splash screen for KDE..
which then got on with restarting the desktop without AFAIKS interfering with
the download, or with this mail window.  How unlike certain OSs.</weird>

I spoke at a middle range health service meeting recently, and having
expected to be breaking a trail for OSS I found that one speaker was
describing the move of the Exeter GP System from Intersystems M to GT-M
(Libre) and others were mentioning OSS solutions as well as others.  So there
is serious movement, but remember that decisions are often not made on
technical merit.

I do want to assemble a corps of serious Linux support that exponents in the
NHS can point at and say " there are other sources of support besides those
trained only as MSCE.

Regards to you all
--
From the Linux desktop of Dr Adrian Midgley