From: Pete Hatton [mailto:pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 10:48 AM
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [LUG] microfud

> Ahh BT! I had this problem. The snags are exacerbated by the fact
> of living
> in cornwall! I had a internet connection which used the 0808 stlye numbers
> (Not bt's isp either), and constantly got the engaged tone.
> Rang up my Isp who promply told me they had 65% spare capacity.
> Rang BT and they said Sorry but your local exchange is totally stuffed!

Hmmm, mind me asking which part of Cornwall, and which ISP?  I'm using
Freeserve Anytime, in Helston, Conrwall and I've rarely had the engaged
tone.

I just hope when I move to Truro in the next few weeks, I dont have the same
trouble.  Then again then they do have an ADSL enabled telephone exchange
there.  As far as I know, it's currently the only one in Cornwall.

Pete Hatton