From: Peter Hatton [mailto:bramley@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 09 September 2001 21:23
To: Roland Tarver
Subject: RE: linux newbie

Ello again,

I see you are getting stuck into the list!  I think Paul Sutton on the lug
list, answered your question.  170mb is small.  The smallest system I
installed Linux on was a 486 with 400megs.

Mandrake I find a good linux dist to install.  Nice easy install.  However,
it does need a Pentium class CPU or better to run on.  (And more hard disc
space)

Failing that, you could try Redhat, but you will have to cut out a lot of
the packages to get it onto your hard disc.

What spec is your CPU and how much memory?

Pete Hatton
E-mail:  pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Webpage: http://www.monolight.org