RE: [LUG] To Roland Tarver - Small Linux distros

Hello Paul!

Thanks  a lot 4 your response. I will track down a version of 'zipslack' and
see if i can get a copy on a CD. Streuth! - I NEED a bigger disk!!! Tehe!

Thanks 4 the info on linuxemporium - i've got it book marked now and have
had a good look through the site.

What do you know (or anyone else that is) about booting linux from just a
CD. Obviously it would run a lot slower. But it might mean that I could try
linux really easily and not get into issues about disk space?  - does it
work this way? I don't know?

>>What hardware do you have,  e.g processor,
memory,  this can make a difference when deciding what distro to use.

AMDk6-2-100 !!!!!!!
128megs of memory
170 meg disk (c:)
1Gb disk (bootable d:)
a Trust soundblaster16 compatible sound card
some crap 'standard PCI' graphics card
a 14.4 modem!!!!!!
a key board with a missing "p" key! ALT+112 is my saviour!
a mouse and a mouse mat!!!!hehe!

I know, I know, I know! - I really _need_ 2 get a new system!!! Tehe!

Thanks 4 your help. Hope you're having a good 1. Best wishes roland. -devon.