Re: [LUG] NIC - full or half duplex?

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, John Horne wrote:

> One other suggestion was the 'mii-tool' command. However this works with
> 100/10Mbps capable cards, which mine isn't.

Go complain to your boss for a new card!

Seriously - I'm about to put in an order for a Netgear 10/100 8 port
switch for only 66 pounds.  Likewise you can get Netgear PCI 10/100 NICs
for 15 quid and ISA for a little less.  AFAIK these work with Linux,
although it'd be sensible to make sure beforehand.  Plus they are Netgear,
who were owned by Bay Networks before they merged with Nortel, so they're
a reputable brand.

Switch and NIC prices from www.dabs.com.

J.

--