Re: [LUG] bug reporting

Paul Sutton wrote:

I thought only Windows 98 had problems shutting down *8-)
The first instruction in my Laptop User Guide says 'If Win98
doesn't shutdown, how the power switch for 4 secs'.

> One problem I was having is that when loading eth0 it took ages then failed
> (I have a network card).  It still fails but a lot quicker due to faster
> kernel (I guess),  how do I tell it not to even load eth0.  I can't find it
> in sysVeditor.

Most distro's (cough those based on Redhat anyway) have a
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 where you add an
'ONBOOT="no".

But whilst with PPP this may make sense, you may not want
the phone bill or have more PPP interfaces than modems, with
Ethernet I'd just figure out why it isn't working.

--
Simon Waters
Are you using the Internet to best effect ?