Re: [LUG] Salutations from Tom, Dick and Harry

Jason Mepham wrote:

> On another note I am having trouble with my email system in that I cant
> send any unless I am in root.  Netscape communicator cant make a
> temporary filke or something.  Similarly I cant save anywork if I am
> using star offivce unless I am in root.
>
> Can anyone suggest anything,  I have tried the permissions boxes whilt
> in root but I just selected everything for that one.  It didnt work.

Urm we'd need a little detail on permissions.

Typically users own their own directories. Try something
like "adduser test" and login as "test", if that works it is
probably just a file ownership problems.

Something like "chown -R badusers /home/baduser" but use at
your own risk. See "man chown".

	Simon

--
Simon Waters
Are you using the Internet to best effect ?