Re: [LUG] bug reporting

I have just re-compiled my kernel, and this seems to have fixed the problems
with crashes during shutdowns.

I now have a AMD k6/2 optimised kernel,  only I seem to have broken lpd.  as
I can't print, In make xconfig support for parallel ports is set as n,  I
left it as that.  for some reason it's not working,  I think I need to have
a look at the printer config setup again.

   I partly assumed that the defaults which are in make xconfig where those
used to build my original kernel,  so just say selecting k6/2 will build the
same kernel only optimised for that processor,

One problem I was having is that when loading eth0 it took ages then failed
(I have a network card).  It still fails but a lot quicker due to faster
kernel (I guess),  how do I tell it not to even load eth0.  I can't find it
in sysVeditor.

I don't think i should disable networking as this may break everthing,  esp
internet,   I think X relies on some network components to work properly.

Thanks

Paul