[LUG] Dual head? Not!

I have an interesting problem that I am trying to solve...

I have two graphic cards (both Voodoo Banshee) in my Linux box, which
is running Red Hat 6.9 'Pinstripe' (7.0 Beta) with XFree86 4.

I have played with the dual head stuff under X, both with and without xinerama,
and like it, but want to do something else. I would like to have one monitor
display X, whilst the other displays a virtual terminal. I realise that I would
need two keyboards for this, and have sourced a USB one, but before I
buy it, I would like to try it, as it were...

I have been able to configure X to use only one card (of my choosing), but
I always lose the terminal on the other. I can use Ctrl+Alt+F? to move between
the X display and the console, but only one displays at a time.

Has anyone got any ideas? Has anyone done this?

I feel that it is possible, but am missing something at the moment (maybe it is
that second keyboard... will I have to configure X to use mouse only for now?)

If I do get this working, I will let everyone know...

Cheers,
Matthew