[LUG] dependancies + Abuse and a.out

I got a copy of the dia drawing package from the Packages galore set,  and installed it, but during install it says

libxml-1.1.1-1.i386.rpm  (I also have the 586 version) but it still does not work,  where do I get the libxml.so,0 file from.

Also I have installed abuse as I liked playing it when I had the old slackware release,  however this comes up with

Cannot execute binary file.  Do I need to compile in support for the old
a.out executable format?  Or as this would possibly waste kernel space and memory can I install it as a loadable module?  As far as I know abuse is the only game I have which needs it.

 I have installed a.out libraries but to no effect.

Lynx friendly