Re: [LUG] The great debate - window managers

One thing to remember is that Window Managers and Desktop Environments are
two different things.  Under Gnome, for example, the Window Manager is
enlightenment (by default), but you can use others.  Under KDE it's kwm,
and so on.

Gnome and KDE are both desktop environments and will lead the way in
getting Linux acxcepted on the desktop as they allow for technologies that
we take for granted under wi ndows like Drag n Drop, etc.

As for Gnome, well it flies on my system :)  I liek it.  I still only use
it to fire up terminals though. :)

J.

--
Jon Still  <jon at termisoc.org>
http://www.termisoc.org/~jon/

An optimist believes we live in the best world possible;
a pessimist fears this is true.