Re: [LUG] RedHat...

On 27-Jan-00 at 20:12:08 Tom Laithwaite wrote:
> space is not a problem although i doubt i could install the content of
> all 6 cd's!!. I bought my new pc from the funds from a holiday job, and
> i chose it for the things i wanted, ie 15gb hd.

...until your 15gb disk fails and then you have lost 15gb. I still prefer to
buy multiple smaller disks albeit that there are only so many you can fit
into a non-scsi pc (perhaps USB helps out here - no experience of it so I
couldn't say). At least with seperate disks you have 'something' to use in
case of a failure - albeit that you may have to rebuild the system on what is
left. Just my thoughts.

John.

PS
 Have to agree with chas about RH. From an admin point of view it's pretty
easy. If you want to test/try/learn more then other distros will probably
offer more challenging installs! :-)

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne at plymouth.ac.uk
Finger for PGP key: john at jhorne.csd.plymouth.ac.uk