Re: [LUG] RedHat...

Neil_Stone at sweb.co.uk wrote:

>      RedHat is the best disro i have tried personally, 6.1 has a nice X
>      installation that also allows upgrade. I have recomended it to a lot
>      of my mates who loved it. SuSE is WAY too big for my liking a max
>      install took over 2GB, if you have the space to burn then great.... if
>      not, forget it....

space is not a problem although i doubt i could install the content of
all 6 cd's!!. I bought my new pc from the funds from a holiday job, and
i chose it for the things i wanted, ie 15gb hd.
bought the C++ Primer plus book today, (the one with the knights on the
front) it was £20 which was a good buy (i hope). I thought about the
perl cd bookshelf which was £30 so in the end it came down to money. I
have read the first 2 chapters and it goes slow and explains
_everything_ which although tedious now should be useful later.

I have just installed the kde libs so i'm going to get started playing
around with cin, cout programs!

Redhat might be an option in the future, which is about as unambiguous
as i'm going to get, suse may have a difficult install but i jumped that
hurdle and can change things as i go along with Yast.

Thanks for all your help i'm going to try and port my calculator progs
to C++, ones that work out the roots of a quadratric, and the vertex
etc.

Tom