Re: [LUG] Intro

OOh, inroductions are here :)

For the benefit 2 of you that dont know all of this (and particularly the
1 who knows none of this)...

I'm Alex.  Otherwise known as Chas.

I run the system on which the lug mailing list and webpage are
situated.  The idea to start this LUG was a collabration between myself
and Aaron who will proably make himself known on here at some poiunt (hint
hint :) )

My 1st touch of linux was a ropey old Slackware 3 system, which was
preceded by a short-lived FreeBSD setup.  The 1st linux version I used in
anger was RH 4.2 (Biltmore I seem to remember).

I'm in my final year of BSc Computing at the University Of Plymouth and am
the system administrator of termisoc (hence why I run the lug stuff)

Fave dist ever: RedHat 5.2 patched for the 2.2 kernels.
At home I run a mixture of patched 5.2 and 6.1, which works ok now ive
hacked it to bits and rebuilt it.

Area51 (this server) runs RH 5.2 (well patched of course :) )

However I'm tempted to move dists, RedHat isnt what it used to be.  Suse I
think.  Ive tried debian and spend the 2 hours after installation coplying
libraries from a redhat machine on my lan.

If you want the website modfying, drop a mail to lug at termisoc.org and it
will go to Myself, Rob and Aaron so someone will do somthing about it.

Paul said:
> I would like to put a flyer in Paignton library let other users know
> about the group.

Yeah cool, gopher it - Since this LUf has been set up for about a month,
theres only 6 members.  Be a pioner of the D&C LUG - Promote :)

-=-=-Alex Charrett-=-=-
TermiSoc System Administrator

chas at termisoc.org
http://www.termisoc.org/~chas/