Re: [LUG] Linux Clusters!!!!

Bill wrote:

> On the side of Data Mirroring:
>
>          OpenAFS from IBM if the best scalable system, this is the bells and whistles option

Hi Bill,

do you know of a good overview of what OpenAFS does?

The docs make it clear it is fine as a replacement for NFS
when serving simple small files, like user directories, but
don't really mention if and how to do more complex thing (or
if they do, they have moved that bit into the depth of the
documentation).

So far it looks like NFS, with caching, and ACL's....

I've read the IBM documentation, but this is definitely from
the luke warm, greasy, dead chicken school of IBM marketing.

	Simon