[LUG] hi there

First time I have posted, although I have been reading for a while
now.  Spoken to a couple of you - thanks for your advice etc.

Re:  virus debate - we are obviously discussing (as implied by the
article) some sort of VBA macro.  The guy is an idiot - forget about
him.

Two questions:

1.  I am quite interested in all this network admin stuff but my
adoption is a result of wanting a load of reliable compilers without
paying eight hundred a shot for them.  Is there anyone out there who
is into the coding side of things and could use a bit of help?  I'm a
C/C++ man but I know Perl and enough Python and Tcl/tk to be of some
assistance and would quite like something to get my teeth into right
now.

2.  I was thinking of turning up at the install day - is there any
point if I am not after an installation?  By the way, I have Storm,
RH6.2 and RH7 on CD if that is any help.  Happy to whack up some
posters here if needs be also.