Re: [LUG] Laptops

HI, just trying to ask a few questions reference my red hat 7.0 deluxe.
1.  why does it blend gnome and kde when i'm in root.  I mean the icons on
the desktop.
2.  why has my backspace button stopped working on my keyboard and started
acting like the delete button when it does work
3. why does no-one tell you how to install new kernels and other updates on
the magazines you buy, Linux Format , Linux Magazine etc.
4.  why does my computer now forget things , for instance I have just had
the kppp message ' kppp daemon died unexpectedly', message.  then the
windows regarding my internet connection close but yet the computer dials
the internet and i am now connected but there is no record of it on the
panel, desktop etc.

I am a real newbie to this Linux and some might say a nebie to computers
can someone give me a bit of direction.... many thanks.

also what kind of antivirus do I need.  Can anyone suggest a good one to me

Thanks again

Jason Mepham