Re: [LUG] PPP link prob

> hi, long time since I posted, I have learned quite a bit since then
> (Perl is so easy to learn, 'learning perl' is the best computer book
> ever IMHO). Hope to play a more active role in the LUG from now on.
>
> I am setting up a 'Dial-on-demand' server, however I have come
> unstuck fairly early on with the connection to my ISP (Eclipse).
>
> The script send CONNECT which works fine (I have a SAY after this)
> but the server doesn't reply with 'ogin', or any variation (I can
> think of!). A have a feeling that I am making a very stupid mistake,
> but I can't try indefinetly because its 5p a time ;-)
> KPPP works so its not the system

Howdy there, i have (a while ago) written some scripts to do excactly this.
If you would like to talke a lookie see (even has notes) go to
ftp.eclipse.co.uk/linux
there are 3 files there, 2 scripts and a zip file containing both the other
files...

Hope it helps.

Also /etc/ppp/pap-secrets and /etc/ppp/chap-secrets need to be modified

See Ya Later....

Neil "Flash" Stone