Re: [LUG] Linux Install Fest at Exeter

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Simon Waters wrote:

> My experience of XF86 suggests it is probably handy to have a distro
> with something older than 4 on, although I think Redhat 7 now bundled
> the old X drivers from 3.3.6 - just in case you have a card that isn't
> support, like me 8-(

Interestingly, some cards like the AGP S3Trio3D are only properly
supported in Xfree4.

> I have StarOffice (only 5.1). And I'm sure the home users will want some
> games, whilst the business users might be more interested in things like
> the Oracle Developer bundle, database and web tools. If only to give
> people a feel for what is out there.

Having bought the Red Hat 7 boxed set, I've got StarOffice 5.2, and a load
of demos of things like Sim City 3000 and Railroad tycoon.  Theres even a
copy of pinugs folating around somewhere :)

-=-=-Alex Charrett-=-=-
		SMS: chas at termisoc.org subject:SMS
Mail:   chas at termisoc.org		Web: http://www.termisoc.org/~chas/