Re: [LUG] BIND and non 255.255.255.0 netmasks.

Alex Charrett wrote:

> I assume then, that somehow I need to create a higher level recordset and
> delegate the appropriate address space to myself?

For completeness. Delegation is to help other people find you.

If you only have one name server, and it holds the relevant inaddr-arpa
zones for a private (or illegal) numbering scheme, then the name server
knows it is authoritative without having to check delegation rules.

If you only have one nameserver, you have at least one too few. Where is
your secondary.