[LUG]Re: New to Plymouth

Hi Dom!

On Sunday, April 14th, 2024 at 7:52 PM, Dom (shymega) Rodriguez
<shymega@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> IRC is a fairly simple protocol, but it's important to remember
> it's ephermal, meaning you only see what happens
> when you're connected to the channel/server.

Yeah, that's my biggest problem, I can't be on all the time. Unless you have
something I can host on my server which would go 24/7 basically.

> It's a darn shame Libera terminated the Matrix bridge.

I've tried to connect through Matrix, but it would not load for the life of it. I
guess that's why haha

> Also, heads-up as you're new to the group: best to go with inline-posting, or
> bottom-posting. It makes tracking discussions much easier!

Sorry :| Still learning all those things, even if they're older than me haha My
first communication service was a Polish version of MySpace, so yeah haha Haven't
used IRC or this, I've only learned about usenet a year ago (not using it for
discussions though :P). It's difficult since there isn't a “guide” or anything.
Hell, I was confused about how to reply at first, “do I just reply to the email?”
haha

But I hope this one reads a bit better than the previous ones :)

I'm still not sure how Mailman keep track of the threads, though. Is there something
I need to keep in the email (like the previous conversations) or does it do it
through date and time, I don't know.

Thanks,
Jake