Re: [LUG] Upgrade Thunderbird

On 30/06/2022 11:50, Eion MacDonald wrote:

It may also stop your routine distro upgrades or make them fail or you find two versions of same file conflicting inside your installed distro files.
It is safer if you use a specific distro to keep to that distro's releases.

You can always use a flatpack, or similar for single use out of distro maintained sets.

Concur with this.

Further, even a bleeding edge distro will not have released anything even in testing given the time frame:

Version 102.0, first offered to channel users on June 29, 2022
Version 91.11.0, first offered to channel users on June 28, 2022
Version 91.10.0, first offered to channel users on May 31, 2022

I would hang back a bit and wait a while, given that Manjaro are using, on their stable track, something released only 30 days ago, I'd expect that the distro will update their version of Thunderbird within a month or two.

--
Giles Coochey