Re: [LUG] Problem with wireless printer

On 16/12/2021 19:42, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
On Thu, 16 Dec 2021, 19:25 Aaron Moore, <aaronmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:aaronmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello

    I am having real problems with my wifi printer.  Half the time it
    does not connect, and then every time I turn my back there seems
    to be another printer listed in the drop down of printers list.  I
    am using Ubuntu 20.04.

    I have tried the following

    /sudo service cups-browsed restart/

    /sudo gedit /etc/cups/cups-browsed.conf/

    /suo systemctl disable cups-browsed//
    /

    /sudo systemctl stop cups-browsed/

    But I still get the problem

    Thanks for reading and any suggestions

    Aaron

Silly question... it's not getting a different IP address from DHCP each time is it?

I've also had this issue (HP Officejet 4655 on Mint 19.3) but then discovered there was no Default printer set in the Control Panel. If you set one as a Default it should stop adding more.

Kind regards,

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley