Re: [LUG] OT: Accessing files on an android phone with broken screen

Dear Tom,

> My 7 year old nexus 5 , with a new battery(!), had the screen
> broken. I've got a new phone but theres a couple of files on the old
> one I'd like to access. As the screen is knackered I cant set the USB
> for file transfer. Is there a way I can enable access without using
> the screen?

If you can see the display but it doesn't respond to touch, you can use
a 'USB-on-the-go' adapter and plug in a keyboard and mouse. From there
you should be able to access all the usual settings for file transfer,
albeit with a tiny cursor :)

Best wishes,

Sebastian