Re: [LUG] Only two weeks to stop your medical records being available

On 6 Jun 2021 16:47, Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Jun 06, 2021 at 04:13:28PM +0100, Sebastian wrote:

> The deadline for opting-out is coming up very soon, but apparently 86%
> of opt-out requests fail - a little higher than the usual glitchy
> web-app class of computing failures!

Do you need to complete opt out 1 if you have opt out 2. My surgery
thinks no. I will be completing opt out 1 just in case..

Good idea. As I understand it, opt out 2 controls how your information is used when it is within the NHS system. Opt out 1 tells your GP not to upload your practice notes to the NHS system. If you have not returned opt out 1 by the end of the month then when the big data slurp happens your data will be uploaded.

Cheers
Pete