Re: [LUG] Air compressor

On 31/12/2020 09:40, Mark Andrew Smith via list wrote:
> On 30/12/2020 18:19, Michael Everitt wrote:
>> On 30/12/2020 18:12, Tom via list wrote:
>>> I believe some time ago I asked if anyone knew where I could get some
>>> reasonably prices compressed air cans for blasting colling fans etc.
>>> Turned out you cant (well not what I'd call a reasonable price) but
>>> this article points to something for £52 (or about 10 small air cans)
>>> so I thought I'd share the article!
>>>
>>> Tom te tom te tom
>>>

>> Did you mean to link something there, Tom?!
>>
>> Also, a friend of mine recommended an electric air-blaster device, to
>> replace the constant stream of air-canisters which one may 'get
>> through' in the "normal" run of an electronics tinkerer! I can't say
>> what it was, either, but it was, of the order of £70 I believe ...
>>
>> Alas, I don't have access, even, to a free, plentiful source of
>> compressed air that I used to use for a variety of cleaning tasks ..
>> attached to some CNC machinery as its primary consumer! :D
>>
>> veremitz/Michael.
>>

> Or, just clean the things by hand - it's quite cathartic...
> https://smallbusiness.chron.com/clean-laptop-fan-compressed-air-45864.html

The point is to have dry and (preferably) dust free air.
One solution, I use is to buy a new "liquid spray can" which uses air by
room air being injected by hand presses of a trigger pump into a spray
bottle to pressurise the 'liquid contents' up a plastic 'straw' to
nozzle by squeezing a trigger. Like a  disinfectant or surface  cleaning
liquid spray bottle.
Do not re-use a formerly liquid  containing bottle!

Do not put anything into the new spray bottle, use in new and dry
condition with a lot of trial presses beforehand. Store in a dry
cupboard before use.

"Spray air" across fan and parts to remove 'dust'. Have a vacuum cleaner
nozzle at least two hands widths away from item being cleaned to suck in
sprayed air and dust or rather pull air away from item being cleaned
lasted air does not resettle on board or fan or heat pipes filters to
atmosphere.

Good finger exercise, noisy, can be fun.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald