Re: [LUG] Recaptcha was Re: Google Account

On 08/12/2020 18:05, comrade meowski wrote:
> On 08/12/2020 09:00, Pentiddy wrote:
>> Could I have recommendations for container plugin on Firefox?
>
> There aren't any options so no "recommendations" to choose from. The two
> required addons are:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/temporary-containers/
>
> The second requires significant configuration and will noticeably effect
> your browsing behaviour/experience.
>
> Anyone fiddling with this stuff should remember to backup their firefox
> profile _before_ engaging in experiments.

My list to my students is:
Mozilla Firefox add ons per slides
Demo of Facebook container
Demo of adding Firefox add ons
Deletion of Firefox containers.
Minimum recommended add ons to Mozilla Firefox
                                                                        uBlockOrigin
(Easy switch on and off on any site, by clicking
blue symbol)
Mozilla Firefox Facebook Container
Mozilla Firefox Multi Containers
DuckDuckGo privacy essentials for searching
 Ghostery (add blocker, just let it work in background)

The temporary containers is useful but has a lot of problems for some
sites. So I leave it off for my seniors.
For you I would add "NoScript" , I use it in conjunction with the others.

I REPEAT advice above: back up al your bookmarks, backup your profile in
case you want to restore.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald