[LUG] Google Account

Sorry, I know this is a bit off topic .......

Recently when using Youtube I keep getting requests to log in to my google account. I don't have one, and do not intend to ever have one. As for google mail, the less said the better.

It seems that the time is coming when I will not be able to look at anything on Youtube without signing in. Is that correct. If so my response is that I won't bother with Youtube any more.

Or is there a better way? I have done some research already, and as usual am getting more and more confused, and angry,

help

Neil