Re: [LUG] New Printer part three

On 26/10/2020 15:46, comrade meowski wrote:

But far more interestingly you've let slip a detail - you apparently _do_ own a smartphone. It's clearly an Android if you had to set up the Google Play store and if you had to set up the Play Store it's because you didn't have a Google ID registered on it. Which leads to the even more interesting question of how were you managing to even use an Android smartphone previously _without_ a valid Google ID on it? That shouldn't even be possible - Android will force you to register the phone to a valid Google ID on the first use setup wizard run.

I do have a brand new smart phone now, which is taking me a while to learn. Recently a neighbour, who had always seemed well, was taken ill and diagnosed with leukaemia, stage 4. So she was sent home. She lasted less than two weeks.

So why tell you this? A wake up call. I have lived here in Holsworthy for 18 years. There is no way that I have 18 years left, or even close. So I have decided to splash out a bit while I can. Hence the posh new phone. And a new printer, which was forced on me. And probably a smart new small laptop to use downstairs instead of spending so much time upstairs in my study, alone.

And more on topic, about the printer. You explained that there is indeed a USB port of some kind on my HP Envy 6032 printer, but the cable was not supplied. One end to fit into my desktop computer will obviously be a normal USB plug. But the end of the cable to fit into the back of the printer is not a USB port. Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for please? I don't want to buy the wrong sort of cable (thank you HP).

Many thanks,

Neil

Multiple logical issues leapt out when I read your first sentence - something is wrong there so I hope you know what you're doing. If you have indeed just created a brand new Google ID in order to use Play Store on an Android you _really_ don't want to forget those new credentials you've just made by the way.