[LUG] New Printer part three

My new printer is due to arrive this week. Meanwhile I have been looking at the first set up instructions. Well, it seems that all who have put help with this on YouTube have made two assumptions.

1 Every one has a smart phone.
2 Everyone uses either Windows or Mac.

For me, wrong on both counts.

It is a long time since I had anything to do with a new printer, eight years in fact. What I am planning is :-

print settings --> add printer, and then search for the printer. Then I expect it to be found, and for the necessary files to be automatically downloaded.

And  that should be it.

Am I missing something here please?

Neil