[LUG] Keyboard shortcut

I have set up several keyboard shortcuts using Ctrl-Alt plus another key. For example Ctrl-Alt-x to open Firefox, Ctrl-Alt-b for Thunderbird. However to open the terminal screen I just use the F4 function key by itself.

I am so used to the Ctrl-Alt plus another key combination that I suspect I am sometimes automatically typing in Ctrl-Alt-F4 for the terminal, instead of just plain F4.

If I do enter Ctrl-Alt-F4 what will happen? I have done some research, but as usual cannot find a definite answer.

Thanks,

Neil