Re: [LUG] Cheapish 3d printers for linux

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020, at 12:51 PM, Tom via list wrote:
Anyone got any experience with cheapish (~£2..300) to be driven from
Linux, or can recommend one?

The printers run independently so are OS agnostic. I have a Creality Ender 5 that I am very happy with. Quality is very good for the money but does depend on filament quality. On the Linux side if you are going to create your own designs you will need a CAD application. I use FreeCAD which does take some learning but there are some good YouTube tutorials. You will also need a slicer to produce the gcode the printer requires. I use Cura but there are several choices.

If you get one then watch some videos on setting up and calibrating the printer as you need to do that properly to get good results.

Kevin