Re: [LUG] Chromebooks

On 02/10/2020 10:20, Michael Everitt wrote:
> *cough* the Intel/Microsoft/Apple race-to-the-capital-top
> We-need-more-faster-hardware-obsolete-charge-customers-money-get-rich-quick
> ..
>
> Who here doesn't quite live in the real world?! :P (That great
> capitalist monolith .. )
>
> Cheers,
> veremitz/Michael.

Concur,
 however, if consumers do not spend, how do employees get paid?

I have paid a lot more to local shops now (say average 10% to 15%)
lately, but on the whole I think the saving on petrol  to 'big
supermarket' compensates. Even get computer stuff via my local phone
repair shop (a one man business) now.

My habits have changed .
The Intel/Microsoft/Apple plus  Amazon group are only driven by money.
(the 3 monthly 'forecast of 'profit' / 'revenue' ) enforced    by USA
stock markets is main cause by changing shareholders & pension fund
investors from
"joint adventurers in trade" ( for long term loss or profit), to
instant graspers of cash per quarter, so long term aims and wisdom suffer.

regards
Eion MacDonald