Re: [LUG] PCIe Firewire cards - any suggestions?

On 01/10/2020 10:39, Sebastian wrote:
> Also, at that time, the companies got the patent recognition (and
> cash!), and all I got was a lousy certificate which was destroyed when
> my baby son puked on it the following week. So all I really have is an
> old EE Times article with our photo in.

One of my colleagues or rather his wife got a better deal.

One of the employees of a former employer or mine got about 6
certificates for awarded patents, all of course 'assigned to company'
but these certificates were engraved on wooden shields for display.

However an other person, a service man, explained a problem to his wife
and the solution (similar to packing condoms under vacuum, then bursting
them open at a later time [*1]). She patented it. (who paid he patent
agent we do not know,  but he was a partner in the company the firm
used). She / he then licensed it it to our company and it earned for his
wife about three times the MD's salary per year for about the 9 years
while we used it. When we were taken over the new owner refused to pay,
she sued, won a 'final single settlement' and he and she (in their early
50s) retired.
Most of us understood the settlement was very high because of deliberate
use of patent without paying.
[*1] An  anti-vibration device in the bowels of a nuclear power station

PS thanks for Mark for PCI. Well done.

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald